The new guidelines for international arrivals in India have been released by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. Due to the declining graph of pandemic situation worldwide, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India has recently circulated a new document that clarifies protocols to be complied with international travellers and to be followed.
1. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare as a part of its proactive yet graded public health response to COVID-19 management has been updating latest travel guidelines for international passengers arriving in India from time to time. In the last update, based on increasing trajectory of COVID-19 and Circulation of mutant variants of SARS-CoV-2 virus in some Countries, this Ministry had ‘mandated requirements of pre-departure COVID-19 testing and uploading of Self-Health Declaration on Ministry of Civil Aviation’s ‘Air Suvidha’ Portal.
2. However, as has been witnessed in the last 4 weeks, these Countries are witnessing a sustained and significant decline in trajectory of COVID-19 cases. Further, as per World Health Organization's latest situational update on COVID-19, a decline of 89% in the number of newly confirmed cases in the past 28 days has been noted globally as compared to 28 days prior to that. Meanwhile, India has continued to witness declining trajectory, with less than 100 new cases/day being reported.
3. In view of the above, the Ministry has come up with new guidelines for international arrivals in India and dropping the existing requirements of pre-departure COVID-19 testing and uploading of Self-Health Declaration on Ministry of Civil Aviation’s ‘Air Suvidha’ portal applicable for international travelers coming from/via China, Singapore, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Thailand and Japan.
4. In order to monitor infections due to mutated variants of SARS-CoV-2 among International travellers to India, the present exercise of random testing of 2% travellers to India (irrespective of Country of origin) upon arrival India shall continue.
5. This arrangement shall come into practice with effect from 13th February, 2023.
6. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare shall continue to monitor evolving COVID-19 situation, Globally and in the Country closely.
Note: The new guidelines for international arrivals in India is subject to change and is according to the latest circular issued by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India dated 10th February 2023. For further details please check with the website - https://www.mohfw.gov.in
Explore the Customised Tour India Destinations.